Did you know termites have been around since the time of dinosaurs? Sometimes called “white ants”, termites are found in large numbers in New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut. In the wild, they live in colonies of hundreds to several million, with the queens laying up to 2,000 eggs per day. Considering termites are non-stop eaters, you can begin to see how these small insects manage to cause such impressive amounts of destruction.
Inspecting for Termite Damage
There are four common varieties of termites infesting local homes, all causing varying degrees of termite damage:
- Dampwood termites need environments with lots of moisture, which are often areas with rotting wood or anywhere with leaks, drips or general dampness.
- Drywood termites thrive in dry conditions. In homes, they are known to eat through wallpaper, plastic and plant-based fabrics.
- Although a vital part of the ecosystem, Formosan termites cause damage by eating through wood and fabric. Look for their mud nests underground, on boats and within your walls.
- Subterranean termites need contact with the soil to survive. They build their nests either underground or on top of wet ground.
Regardless of the species, termites can consume a home from the inside out. Unfortunately the damage is often not evident until the structure is already ruined. The following signs could indicate a termite infestation:
- Quiet clicking sounds coming from inside the walls.
- Wood damage to support posts, joists or windowsills, studs, flooring and more.
- Dark brown or orange mud tubes at the bottom of basement walls.
- Dead termites or discarded wings, often found on wooden windowsills.
- Small dark dots on the wall, where termites have created pinholes.
- Structural issues, including rippled drywall, sagging ceilings or peeling paint.
Termite Control & Extermination Services
The termite control services provided by Eliminate ’Em are fast, professional and courteous. Our licensed termite removal technicians handle all extermination tasks and cleanup. What can we provide?
Every year, these pests cause more than $5 billion of damage to homes. However, this figure does not reflect the fact that insurance plans do not cover the repairs from termite damage, or that homeowners may have difficulty selling in the future.
Before you discover thousands of dollars in damage, contact us for immediate termite control. Our property assessment goes over all areas of the home, from the basement to crawl spaces, with our team searching for signs of wood debris and potential entry points.
After we have removed the insects, we also provide recommendations for addressing early signs and preventing further termite damage.
Often, a homeowner discovers termite damage when it’s too late. At this point, our termite extermination services are a must. Count on Eliminate ’Em to:
- Exterminate and control termites through bait, liquid and tent systems.
- Perform a full and effective job that removes the existing problem and protects the home for the future.
- Utilize the latest technology to get the job done.
- Offer same-day termite pest control services and free estimates.
As a common winter pest, our professional termite removal technicians are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assess, remove and protect your home or commercial property against termites.