Every spring and summer as we emerge from our homes to spend time in our yards, we cringe when we hear that buzz, buzz, buzz. Most people see a flying insect that stings and just yell “bee” and get out of the way. However, homeowners face more than just bees when it comes to summer pests! From the bumblebee to wasps and even hornets and yellowjackets, all of these stinging pests create serious headaches for homeowners. As a result, you need a reliable and experience bee removal team that help make your yard safe for you and your family.
Bee Removal vs Bee Exterminator
Interestingly, there are nearly 20,000 types of bees and over 500 species of carpenter bees alone! Most of us simply see a bee that might sting us and run for cover. Frequently, we grab a can of over-the-counter spray, close our eyes and shoot the spray in the general direction hoping for the best. This is not an ideal strategy for bee removal for obvious reasons. But, more importantly, there is a big difference between stinging bees and honeybees because exterminators will not kill honeybees, but relocate the nests. Conversely, bees or more commonly wasps require bee exterminator services.
Common Types of Bees and Stinging Pests
- Carpenter Bees – Carpenter bees generally have a black tail section; the yellow-faced variety is male, while the females have black faces. Carpenter bees typically are attracted to wood structures around your home.
- Wasps – Wasps contain ovipositors which are adapted into a venomous stinger (yet, many types of wasps do not sting). Additionally, many people frequently mistake wasps for bees (and vice-versa).
- Paper Wasps – Paper Wasps build an open nest with visible, exposed cells that are generally located underneath a horizontal surface (like a deck or roof overhang and even exterior light fixtures).
- Hornets – Hornets are more dangerous than paper wasps, but still build nests, which typically resemble a large, inverted tear-drop shaped ball and generally attached to a tree, bush or side of a building.
- Yellowjackets – Yellowjackets typically build nests underground (such as in an old rodent burrow or in a rock wall). Fortunately, if you can locate the nest, it can usually be eliminated by carefully applying a wasp spray insecticide into the nest opening.
Depending on the stinging pest in your yard (or possibly home), you will likely need a bee exterminator. For example, hornets and yellowjackets are extremely aggressive when their nests are disturbed. Additionally, although over-the-counter insecticides may provide temporary relief, they are generally not sufficient to provide complete bee extermination and kill the entire population of stinging pests. Finally, for any stinging pests in your home, professional bee removal is recommended.
DIY Bee Control
Many homeowners believe bee removal is a DIY activity. For certain homes and yards, then applying some insecticide will certainly provide a short-term solution. However, the bees, wasps, hornets or yellowjackets may return or move to another location in your yard. It is a losing battle! Plus, and perhaps more importantly, because bees are attracted to wood, over time, these stinging pests can create structural damage to your home. Additionally, bees don’t just go for any wood, they seek bare surfaces and ideally, untreated softwood. To prevent these pests from getting attracted to and building nests inside your property, there are some general bee control tips:
- protect exposed wood by sealing or painting.
- cover wood vinyl siding.
- applying pesticides to minor problems.
- use pressure-treated hardwood vs softwoods (like white pine, cedar, California redwood or Douglas firs).
If you have an issue with stinging pests like bees, wasps, hornets or yellowjackets, then you a professional bee exterminator, can evaluate the infestation. For example, although certain DIY solutions help with bee control or bee removal, only a professional will know if there is an underlying issue that can cause long term damage to your property.
Eliminate ‘Em Offers Professional Bee Exterminator Services
Eliminate ’Em Pest Control Services provides you with fast, professional, courteous service and licensed technicians to handle all of your bee control and extermination needs. If carpenter bees appear to be a concern, our team performs the following:
- Treating the site to prevent future nesting activity
- Perimeter treatments
- Sealing off any common sites or points to your home
- Capturing and relocating bees
- Reducing use of pesticides
- Repairs to areas damaged by carpenter bees.
Eliminate ’Em Pest Control Services offers same-day services and free estimates to eliminate carpenter bees. Professional technicians are available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get rid of any insects, rodents, or wildlife that is causing damage or creating a nuisance in and around your home.
Call (866) 802-7378
for Immediate Bee Extermination!