Scheduling prevention and maintenance services to safeguard your home against pest or wildlife problems may have been on your to-do list for a while. With 24/7 service on 365 days a year, Eliminate ‘Em can help you protect your residential, commercial or industrial property against many intrusive bugs and animals, before specialists like our cockroach extermination team, become necessary. The following signs may indicate that a cockroach problem with its associated dangers has already arrived and offers a preview of the steps you’ll need to take to prepare for Eliminate ‘Em’s cockroach extermination services.
How Can I Tell if a Cockroach Extermination May Be Needed?
At first, you may not realize that cockroach allergens are causing gastrointestinal problems, allergic reactions, increased asthma attacks or other physical health concerns. However, your other senses may be able to indicate the presence of these pests and the necessity of immediately contacting the local Eliminate ‘Em cockroach extermination provider in your area.
- Live cockroaches (While they are typically most active at night, daytime sightings signal a severe infestation.)
- Fecal matter such as small, dark pellets or droppings that look like coffee grounds (Check in areas like cabinets and along baseboards.)
- Oval-shaped egg cases or dark streaks or smudges from a cockroach’s movement through dirt, grease or their own secretions
- Chewed food packages, paper or cardboard
- Shredded paper or fabric or smaller holes in these materials
- A musty or strong unpleasant odor
Although it may seem like all of their activity and destruction would produce some sound, these vibrations or noises can generally only be detected by specialized equipment.
What are the Dangers of a Cockroach Infestation?
In addition to the sheer amount of stress caused by their presence, cockroaches may be harmful to the health of humans and pets in many ways. Their presence, including shed skin and fecal matter, can trigger allergic reactions from sneezing and watery eyes to hives or other skin inflammation to prompting the development or exacerbation of respiratory issues, like asthma. They can also transmit diseases, such as salmonella or E. coli. This transmission often occurs concurrently with their contamination of food, food preparation locations or dining areas by putting these surfaces and substances in contact with their bodies, fecal matter or saliva.
How Do I Prepare for a Cockroach Extermination?
To maximize the results of your cockroach extermination services and help reduce the potential for continued or future cockroach encroachment, your active collaboration as the property owner/occupant is crucial. Prior to service delivery, extermination teams often review the necessary steps and additional maintenance that need to be completed in conjunction with the pest control treatment plan. Below, we’ve included some common preparations and post-service recommendations to help you plan for your cockroach extermination experience.
- Remove all items from floors, then clean and sweep/mop/vacuum rooms that are to be treated.
- Remove all items from areas which have cockroach activity, such as counters, cupboards, drawers, closets, pantries, medicine cabinets, storage areas, etc.
- Empty all inside garbage containers and discard waste into an outside trash.
- Anticipate evacuating humans and pets from the property for the time designated by your exterminator.
- Continue to be extra vigilant about cleaning and sanitizing especially where food is kept and prepared.
- Monitor for cockroach activity and help prevent future cockroach infestations by fixing water leaks and taking additional exclusion and abatement measures to shut down any entry points into the home.
If you are anticipating working with Eliminate ‘Em, please review this document in addition to the guidance provided by our cockroach extermination technicians, as it highlights the owner’s/occupant’s responsibilities prior to the cockroach extermination treatment and post-treatment.
With over 35 years of experience, the Eliminate ‘Em pest control and extermination providers understand how unsettling and disruptive a cockroach infestation can be. Consequently, as soon as we hear from you, we will start the evaluation process, which will be followed shortly thereafter by a cockroach extermination plan and client preparation consultation. Your investment in treatment preparation and follow-up care is crucial in ensuring that the cockroach extermination is as effective as possible. When you need emergency pest or wildlife removal services or are ready to check pest prevention off of your to-do list, contact Eliminate ‘Em today.