Check out all of our tips for enjoying a pest free holiday!
- When serving food keep it in one area of your home or office – avoid putting appetizers throughout in many different areas
- Keep entry ways and garage doors shut at all times, this includes chimney flu’s when not in use. This keeps animals out where they belong.
- Make sure all chimney’s are securely capped with properly fitted chimney caps.
- Have a trained professional inspect for any entry points around the foundation and in the basement of your home or office.
- When serving small pieces of food like peanuts, candies (i.e. M&M’s) and other small foods provide cups for people to put food into
- When serving children offer them a single area to eat and drink in. Avoid children walking around your home or office with food or drink
- If offering a sit down type of meal be sure to sweep or vacumn under and around the table when everybody leaves. Avoid waiting a day or two to clean your floors…pests will smell the food and come crawling!
- Keep pet foods in tightly secured containers
- Make sure that outside garbage containers are not left open overnight, and secured with tight fitting lids (bungee cords work well!)
- Keep gutters clean and cleared to prevent a habitat for rodents and pests
- After the gathering in a home or office mop the floors to remove sticky residue that may attract insects
Eliminate’Em Pest Control Services offers 24-hour pest control, 7 days a week in Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts. Their exterminators are available throughout Christmas and New Years should homeowners and businesses have a pest or wildlife problem.